VIMX and member clubs Nanaimo, Port Alberni and Campbell River Motocross Associations are excited to announce details on the upcoming Vancouver Island Club Series starting on September 8/9. As with the Championship Series, each race weekend will include a Saturday Practice Day followed by racing on Sunday. This shorter 5 round series is designed to attract new, current and alumni riders. Mainland riders are also invited to come join the fun and offered some great incentives.
Highlights and details...
- New class format based on rider input with fewer classes to increase the number of racers in each class, increase competition and shorten the day.
- New Team Relay Race sponsored by VIMX to be held following the 1/2 hour lunch break. Each team will consist of an 85cc, Junior, Intermediate and Vet rider. Best of all the race will have FREE sign-up and a $200 prize - $100 to 1st place, $60 to 2nd place and $40 to 3rd place. Get your teams together and register them before lunch.
- FREE sign-up for Pro GP class.
- For riders who have not yet purchased their license, CMRC has agreed to provide prorated/discounted Full CMRC Licenses for this series.
- For any Mainland riders traveling to the Island - FREE gate entry, 1st class sign-up and camping.
September 8/9 - Practice Day and Round 1, Nanaimo
September 22/23 - Practice Day and Round 2, Port Alberni
September 29/30 - Practice Day and Round 3, Nanaimo
October 13/14 - Practice Day and Round 4, Campbell River
October 20/21 - Practice Day and Round 5, Port Alberni
Weekend Format and Times:
Saturday Practice Day: Approximately 10am - 3pm
Saturday Pre-sign-up: 7pm - 8pm
Sunday Gate Open: 6:30am
Sign-up: 7am - 7:45am
Riders Meeting: 8am
1/2 Hour Lunch
Team Relay Race
50cc, 65cc, 85cc, Open Mini, Beginner GP, Junior GP, Intermediate GP, Pro GP, Under 30, Over 30, 35+, 45+, Ladies, Team Relay
$10 for 13-adult; $5 for 6-12years; FREE
for 5 and under, FREE
$30 for first class and payback classes, $25 for second class and 50cc, FREE
for Pro GP
Other series rules and details to note:
Classes must have 5+ riders to run.
Beginner class will not be prized/trophied.
All races and points count, there are no dropped races in this series.
CMRC numbers and plate colours must be visible on bikes (front and both side plates). Numbers must also be visibly displayed on chest protector or jersey (they must match your bike but colour does not matter).
A current CMRC license is required to race. A daypass of $50 is available and CMRC is offering a discounted Full License to riders that have not yet purchased their license.
See the VIMX website at www.VancouverIslandMX.com
and Facebook page at www.facebook.com/VancouverIslandMX
for further details as they become available. Also stay tuned for details on the upcoming Island Championship Series Banquet date and location. See you at the races!